OSMW Comet Airplane Kit
Our Comet captures all of the jet-age looks and excitement of the sleek 1950’s design it’s based on.
With the included jigs, this delta wing can easily be built by those with experience in constructing built-up kits. Please note that this is NOT a beginner's kit - it requires building and flying experience to be successful.
Flying the Comet is a blast. It’s not overly quick and has pleasing flight characteristics that make it fun to fly. Even at low speeds it is well behaved and has no surprising tendencies.
- Wingspan: 39.5 inches
- Wing Area: 470 square inches
- Length (airframe only): 32 inches
- Weight: 3 - 3.5 pounds
- 4 channel system (with elevon mixing)
- 3, 40-70 in./oz. servos for elevons and rudder
- 1, 40-70 in./oz. servo for throttle (if using a glow engine)
- Electric: .25-sized brushless motor, 60amp esc, 3s lipo
- Glow (.19-.30 engine, 4 ounce tank, fuel tubing)
Additional items needed to complete the Comet kit:
- 4 channel radio and servos (elevon mixing is needed, so a radio with mixing is needed)
- Engine/Motor mount & mounting hardware
- Pushrods (two 5” for elevons, one 18” for rudder, one 12” for throttle if glow powered)
- Clevises for the pushrods (6 if electric, 8 if glow).
- Three 3” diameter main wheels
Recommended Power Systems:
C-2826/8 1130Kv Motor, C-60A-ESC, Master Airscrew 9x7x3 or 10x7x3 Prop on 3S LiPo Battery
MAS 9x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 31.1A, 345 watts, 10,086 RPM, 55oz Thrust, 67mph Speed
MAS 10x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 40A, 445 watts, 9412 RPM, 67oz Thrust, 62mph Speed
Tem-2826-1140Kv Motor, TEM-ESC-60A-6S ESC, Master Airscrew 9x7x3 or 10x7x3 Prop on 3S LiPo Battery
MAS 9x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 38.1A, 423 watts, 10,653 RPM, 63oz Thrust, 63mph Speed
MAS 10x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 48A, 534 watts, 10,031 RPM, 78oz Thrust, 67mph Speed
BA-2820-1080Kv Motor, BadAss Rebel 65A ESC, Master Airscrew 9x7x3 or 10x7x3 Prop on 3S LiPo Battery
MAS 9x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 33.5A, 372 watts, 10,342 RPM, 57oz Thrust, 68mph Speed
MAS 10x7x3 Prop = 11.1v, 43A, 477 watts, 9856 RPM, 72oz Thrust, 65mph Speed
Want some ideas on how to finish your Comet?
Click the image below for some customer build photos.
Please Note: All of the Old School Model Works Kits on our website have a $5 Oversize Package surcharge included in the price shown. This will cover the additional shipping cost while still allowing you to choose our economical Flat Rate Shipping option. This makes the delivered cost of the kit the same as ordering it directly Old School Model Works.
We are sorry, but due to the size of the kits and high International shipping costs, we cannot ship them outside of the United States.